According To Kels

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I've Heard Of Low Rise Jeans...But Really


WHY IS THIS COOL?

I AM SO SICK OF SEEING BOYS WITH THEIR PANTS HANGING OFF THEIR ASSES!!!

I was in the bank yesterday and there was a younger man (read boy) in line in front of me. He stepped forward to the teller and low and behold he looked liked a damn clown with his jeans hanging just below his buttocks.....A-N-D-.... had the damn nerve to have on a belt!! He was also walking in a manner that was definitely NOT a normal gait. No one walks like that but I assume he had to keep his jeans up somehow.

What I wanted to do was reach out and pull his damn jeans up to his waist! What I did was shake my head with sadness that this boy doesn't know how to dress like a proper young man and thinks nothing of looking like a fool and/or a prisoner.

What people may not know is that the trend they follow so faithfully, originated in prison. Men wore their uniform pants this way for one of two reasons: 
  1. They weren't allowed to have belts because they could be used as a means to harm themselves or others.
  2. They were trying to send a subtle message (so the guards wouldn't know) that they were available for sex, either for pleasure or as a means of protection. 
Just because your favorite hip hop artist may do it, doesn't mean you should too. He still looks like a fool, just a rich one! You, on the other hand, not such much. Man up! Wear your pants properly, buy a suit. Get your grown man....cause that is sexy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home