According To Kels

Friday, September 24, 2010

We Can't Be Friends

It seems that I've been having the conversation about whether or not people that were once romantically linked can be friends.
                 And I wish we never did it
                 And I wish we never loved it
                 And I wish I never fell so deep in love with you
                 And now there aint no way we can be friends
[Thank you Trey Songz for having every female I know identify with We Can't Be Friends. LOL]

I don't exactly stand firmly with yes or no. I'll be the first to admit that I, like most men, have the 'once mine, always mine' mentality. I may hate your guts but if I decide that I want to go there again, you should oblige and let me have my way. (Yes, I'm well aware that the previous comment was a hot mess. *shrugs shoulders*) I wonder how many people are like minded. Hmm.

There has to be some point when all feelings are out the window and you can in fact be just friends, RIGHT? I think it depends on a few things:
       1) the people
       2) how it all ended
       3) how much time has passed
       4) expectations for the future

I've grown to learn that you can in fact be really good friends with people with whom you were once romantically linked or had feelings for. They are sometimes better than new friends, if for no other reason than familiarty and comfort. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home