According To Kels

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just Friends?

I've had the conversation/debate many times about whether or not males and females can really be just friends. Every ex-boyfriend (etc) has always said no and I would always say, yes. I would follow that yes, with the reasoning, "I'm not so conceited to think that every guy that knows me, wants me." I got a text message yesterday, that's got we wondering.

I have a friend that I've known for (8) years. We've been cool from day one. He's very sweet and kind. A pretty cool dude, overall. He's not someone that I would date, for different reasons, but he was/is definitely someone that I would chill with as a friend. He and I have been cool through break-ups and make ups, surgeries, changes in jobs, apts, etc. You name it, we've been through it.

Lately, he's been sending the most random of text messages, addressing me as, "Baby", "Sexy", etc. Now, me being me, I definitely checked him and told him he was texting the wrong person cause that's not how we talk to one another, nor has it ever been. Yesterday, he comes out with some crazyness that made me start to wonder if those exes were.....RIGHT.

Different males have said that any guy that's just a friend, didn't end up that way on purpose.

He either:
1) used to date you
2) wanted to date to you and messed it up
3) is playing his position as your friend, hoping that one day it'll be more

Now, I don't think I've totally crossed over to the darkside in thinking that this is completely true. I still dont fully believe that every guy friend is secretly thinking of smashing. I'm sad to say, thanks to this one particular friend, that I'm on my way.
:-(

3 Comments:

Blogger DB said...

Don't forget he's not attracted to you as one of the reasons. ... Some guys are able to have female friends bc they aren't attracted to them at all but that seems to be about the only time it's possible to have a male/female platonic relationship, smh!
-DB

August 21, 2010 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger Kels said...

Guys will still get at a friend that they aren't normally attracted to, IF the right amount of alcohol is involved.

August 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See the problem is, men and women are suppose to sleep together. So even though they can be just friends, you can never totally discount the possibility of sex in the future. That's what makes male/female relationships a slippery slope.

September 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home