According To Kels

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Phone Sex?


On your video phone, make a cameo
Tape me on your video phone, I can handle you
Watch me on your video phone, on your video, video
If you want me you can watch me on your video phone


Damn Beyonce and Lady Gaga for making this song! For one, we have to listen to two of the more over exposed people in Pop Culture on one track. Secondly, it's catchy as all hell. Ha ha.

The important question is, when did people start to take this so literally? When did it become so easy to prop yourself up on something and snap photos of  yourslef in all your glory and transmit them over the phone lines? Really. I feel like in our youth, (when younger and dumber), we didn't have a second thought about doing such things and did so without abandon. Is it just me or is it a little sketchy in our older age? What if you are "dating" more than one person, do you send them to multiple people? LOL. Shouldn't such photos  be taken in the privacy of your own (insert room here) and kept out of the cyberworld? What if your recipient loses his/her phone, you're pretty much SOL. (That actually happened to a friend of mine.)

Now, do such photos qualify as foreplay as a prelude to sex? (I am cracking up as I'm typing this, BTW.) What is the appropriate response? I tend to be pretty floored and bashful.

I'm not knocking those (Robert) Mapplethorpe's out there. If you feel so comfortable with the cyberworld and the person(s) you're sending them to, snap away. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous DB said...

If there's anyone to blame, for lack of a better word, it's Kimmy Kardashian! Aftr homegirl did it and blew up, everybody's naked pictures were "leaked" (read: sent by the Dlisters themselves to TMZ and soon aftr everyday folk got on the bandwagon ... what is more puzzling to me is when ppl get upset if it gets out!! Um, did you not factor that into the thought process before sending it??!!

September 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Kels said...

Drake said it best, (wink wink)

Send me a picture baby, you know I’d never leak it
I know you got something recent, For someone decent

September 22, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home